Sunday 18 September 2011

Photos for ads and stories


I took the above photo located at the Portishead Marina where I thought the houses could work as a photo after editing for an advert however the view is from a distance and would be perhaps more appropriate to go along the top of the paper of behind my masthead as a watermark.


This image I took thinking that after editing it could work brilliantly to advertise housing adverts inside my paper as part of the ears. The building is in Portishead and I believe the shape and sheer impressive building itself would fit my chic target audience and paper itself.


This photo was taken with adverts in mind, for housing or to let/rent houses however I needed to make sure I didn't just take photos of peoples house's without permission therefore I took this more vague shot. I probably won't go on to use this photo however I could still consider it. 


Waitrose, dominate my cover page, as a supermarket and somewhere I work it was an easy story to create, a true one, and this photo is a simple snapshot of the store and supermarket which I can use for my inside pages.


This photo (above) is likely to be used as my main cover photo as the large photo creates everything I wanted from a cover photo. The logo of Waitrose links with the headline, 'green light' and the I like the camera angles. The mise-en-scene appears dark and the store appears as if it is ready to undergo development, alike the story.


This is another photo which I took with the front page in mind as the brand is clearly there and the picture alike the one above is quite imposing on the reader.



This photo is a one I took fresh off a building site, thinking that it could come in handy should I write a story on something such as building or expansion. It could even link to the Waitrose story although the size of the building would perhaps rule that out.


These apartments appear a figurehead of Portishead housing and they could spearhead my advert for housing on the ears. This a reverse shot of the second photo on this post. 


Waitrose car park: Could be used as a potential inside page shot


I zoomed in on the Waitrose store as well as the car park which appears homely and the trees act as a guard somewhat of the logo. The cars show some activity whilst it was a rainy day the photo still manages to reflect where the supermarket is and what it looks like. 


This photo is a picture of a closed pub, which I can use to link to the story on my inside page of pubs closing down. I picked the White Lion as it looks classic and certain aspects including the logo of it make it appear ornate and imposing. Below I also stood further back to snapshot the photo as it shows the Pub clearly closed down, which is all I need my photos to show, the story.





No comments:

Post a Comment