Saturday 9 July 2011

What will I use to create paper?

InDesign 
Following my own experience in producing the school newspaper and visit to Weston Mercury, they also use InDesign therefore for a local newspaper my access to this facility and the skills I have built up since the production of my music magazine mean that this ought to work fine, and prove to not throw up too many problems.

Word/Notepad to write stories
The articles need to be of quality although where they are initially wrote isn't as important. I will use these standard programmes to draft my articles for my newspaper. Although ensuring I get the correct font is important and I will have to do research on standard fonts already within the programmes I will use. As well as using Internet sites such 1001 free fonts, as I did for my music magazine in order to select the correct font resulting in a professional finish for my local paper.

Photos - Photoshop
I will use PhotoShop to edit my images again having used it previously during the production of my music magazine, including cropping them in order to fit to my page.

Radio Advert thoughts
- Initially I believe my advert will be short and sharp and will include alot of overlapping opinion and positive background soundtrack to give off the sense of this community feel-good newspaper. It will of course include my slogan towards the end of the clip, and I need to ensure voices are clear and not monotonous to make sure my paper is the one everyone is talking about.

What does it need to include:
-Where you can get it?
- How much (emphasis on price)?
- Examples on past stories
- Exclusive Interviews
- Local news
- Always first to know, adjectives, "reliable, packed out, looks well-good", chatty tone.
- Dialogue between readers
- How much they love it
- Upbeat music towards end

I want to have some background music, potential sounds are:
- Pencil Full of Lead - Paolo Nutini
- Big Things - Fiction
- Twist and Shout - The Beatles
- Can't Stand Me Now - The Libertines (Intro only)
- Parkbench Blues - Ralfe Band
- Bittersweet Symphony - The Verve

The soundtrack needs to loosely fit with the Target Audience as a catchy and successful song could make the advert alone.

Examples of Radio Ads (below)


I like this advert as the chatty conversation is similar to sort of style that I would like however I don't like the footsteps after the initial conversation. The ending of the advert is great, with a renowned disco track, upbeat, creating a feel-good factor for the local newspaper. 



Here, I have picked out a advert from 'The Sun', national daily tabloid newspaper, although it is a TV ad, I though carefully about what is involved and like the style and tone of the speaker, celebrity - Jamie Oliver. The sharp adjectives as well as the basic sell reflect a buzzing newspaper, the noises and voiceover is lively and includes plenty of superlatives.



This is one of the favourite TV adverts I have found as I really like the background noise, it appears very local, and very normal. The conversation is a little cheesy although the dialogue is ideal and persuasive. The music is again upbeat forming a real interest in the paper and the concept from the ad and music alone. The background noise appears very normal and local, as it feels like a real-life discussion in the kitchen or something. The advert is short and snappy and you genuinely feel involved with the newspaper after, this example is certainly one I will look to use ideas and inspiration off.


Poster
- White pristine background?
- Minimalistic
- Price
- House Style
- Colourful
- Use of stripes
- Local landmarks

Poster Examples:

Sun Advert: Celebrity face, Harry Redknapp, not just opinion sells it.

This is basic but effective for a local fictional paper
Advertising: Simplistic works?

My Poster: 1st Draft

Initial Sketch: Simple, understood, modern




No comments:

Post a Comment