Saturday 25 June 2011

Northcliffe Media

In order to find out more about the Evening Post as my main study I decided to find out more about the publisher, Northcliffe Media.
Below is a case study in what Northcliffe Media readers look for. As well as some information about where the newspapers they produce are distributed.

"CASE STUDY FROM NORTHCLIFFE

Steve is a 24-year-old bookseller currently looking for a job related to his anthropology degree. He is engaged to Tamsin (a care worker). They are both just starting out post-university. They consult their local daily paper particularly for jobs and enjoy a mixture of national newspapers on a Sunday. 
Northcliffe Media has a diverse product portfolio covering the geographical area of Bristol, Somerset and Gloucestershire, with a series of local and regional newspapers including the Bristol Evening Post, Bath Chronicle, Gloucestershire Echo, Gloucester Citizen, Gloucester News, Chelthenham News, Clevedon Mercury, The Forester, Stroud Life, Tewkesbury News, and an online offering of local interest and magazine websites."


I need to carry out research myself about my target audience which I will do via surveys and questionnaires whilst balancing this with research about the Evening Post to look at similarities and that if I use the same style and content as the Evening Post my audience ought to be similar. 
The different branch of Northcliffe Media, Northcliffe Digital; localpeople weekly papers

From their website I have found that:
- Northcliffe has a portfolio of 115 newspapers
- 5.8 million readers in the UK
- 150 local news webpages under the 'thisis' title, for example the 'thisisbristol' equivalent to the Bristol Evening Post
- Northcliffe Media is part of the Daily Mail 

No comments:

Post a Comment