Friday 17 June 2011

Initial Ideas

I have decided to choose to create a local newspaper considering my keen interest in Journalism as well as writing in a lot of local newspapers such as the Evening Post and The Times.

The Bristol Evening Post is one particular paper which I will use as my primary study as the leading newspaper with the biggest coverage in the Bristol area. Other newspapers I want to look at are the national papers of the 'i' which is a product from the independent, designed to be concise. It is a paper I admire and read regularly. I will also look at the Times newspaper and the Mercury, two very local papers to the Gordano Valley area, of which the latter I delivered for 3 years to local properties.

Other things to consider aside from research are the main running story with a clear dominant photo as well as the idea of a campaign which is 'followed' by the newspaper. I have acknowledged in the brief that there is no need for 'real-life' or true stories although I will try to use real stories to produce better realism and further experience for myself.

I have thought briefly about the possible things I can create following on from experience of my AS magazines. I am currently thinking about as well as the mandatory front page, to look at either a back page, sports page or the inside pages of the paper. I need to look at and study mastheads to look at what suits or is applicable to the magazine. I also need to remember that the stories need to be well written, to create as much realism as possible.

The brief is to create a front cover and 2 ancillary tasks as well as a radio advert and poster. With work experience on the horizon in the next month, my visit to the Bristol Evening Post for a week, before a week at Heart Radio in Bristol. I will use both to gain maximum research.

No comments:

Post a Comment