Thursday 6 October 2011

1ST DRAFT


This is the latest and official first draft of my local newspaper and I am pleased with the overall layout and paper as it is at the moment however appreciate there is still plenty of room for improvement. The advertising isn't complete and I still want to add an image to the first 'ear' advert at the top of the page. I want to include a businessman image, somebody with their arms folded in a suit to reflect the advert for jobs. 
The house style is evident in both pages however is dictated on the front cover as even the fonts for the adverts are certain colours, decided by the colour picker tool on InDesign which allows me to find the same colour again and again. 
The dominant purple banner below my masthead acts as plat-form in which my stories and images revolve around it. This allows my masthead and logo, which is another ongoing thing, as I continue to decide what photo to use as my logo and how to edit it. 
It is important that my brand is recognised in all three of my practical pieces however the newspaper needs to portray it arguably more than the others. 

Things I need to focus on now or improve on my front cover include:
- Travel advert 
- businessman image to match advert/plug for inside page
- finalise logo
- re-read/write articles to ensure clarity
- make sure my paper has conventions of local newspaper



My draft for my inside page again shows a great change since my initial planning however now I am satisfied with it and in the direction it is going. I like the use of my house style and how the brand slots nicely around the stories, which is why my audience are reading the newspaper. 

Things to now improve on inside page:
- correct and re-read stories
- perhaps look for better picture to match cover story
- play around with lay-out 
- question an extra advert onto the page? 

Below is a video of myself talking and reviewing the newspapers development from just an idea to how it is at the moment.



No comments:

Post a Comment